There are some requirements you need to fulfill before your Curaçao wedding. Please contact a wedding professional to give you further information. Usually, wedding professionals can take care of everything, down to the smallest detail, so it's best to contact them first, before making any arrangements.
- Send a written marriage petition to the town hall.
- The letter has to be signed by both partners.
- Send two wedding dates with times.
- Birth certificates with the parents' names.
- International declaration of unmarried status by the civil registration of your hometown and an apostille/legalization.
- If divorced or widowed, bring a copy of divorce decree or a death certificate plus an apostille/ legalization of proof required. Apostilleà form of legalization. This has to be done at the Netherlands embassy in your country of residence.
- Please note that none of these documents can be older than 6 months by the time of the wedding.
- If you choose to bring a witness from home, he or she must be 21 years of age.
- When you register a witness you need their full names, address and date of birth. The witness will need a copy of valid passport. The witnesses should apply for temporary residence. The wedding planner can also arrange for local witnesses.
- Photocopy of passports.
- These requirements need to be original and recent and apostille.
The following nationalities do not require legalization for a Curaçao wedding:
Former Netherlands Antilles