The Curaçao Tourist Board
As the Curaçao Tourist Board we have taken every effort to ensure the reliability and accuracy of the information gathered and presented. On our corporate page you will find information regarding tourism statistics produced by the Curaçao Tourist Board, relevant hotel development information and new room development. In addition hotel, apartment and other accommodation owners can find useful information regarding the new room tax legislation.
You can subscribe to our corporate newsletter here.
About the Curaçao Tourist Board
In 1915 the Curacao Association for the Promotion of Foreign Visits was formed. In 1934 its responsibilities were taken over by the Curaçao Chamber of Commerce and Industry. In 1945 Curaçao appointed a representative in New York reporting to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry. In 1948 the Government took over tourism promotion from the Chamber of Commerce and created the Curaçao Tourism Commission (CTC). In 1955 the Curaçao Tourist Board (CTB) replaced the CTC. In 1982 the CTB opened an office in Caracas. In 1984 the CTB opened an office in Rotterdam.
In 1989 the Curaçao Tourism Development Bureau was formed. It reports to a non-Governmental foundation entitled the Curaçao Tourism Development Foundation (CTDF) A board comprised of no less than five and no more than seven persons manages the foundation. The chairman of the Board is the Commissioner of Tourism. These persons represent the private accommodation sector (2 members appointed by CHATA), two members from the financial sector, one member representing the unions, and one representing the development sector. In 2003 the CTDF was renamed the Curaçao Tourist Board.
About Our Historic Building
Pietermaai # 19
In 1750 the first houses were built in Pietermaai, named after Mr. Pieter de Mey.
The Houses were built at a large distance from the town walls because of unobstructed field of fire from the fort. Buildings were erected on both sides of the “ Stenen Pad”(=stone path=) which started from the town gate going to the East, prosperous Jewish families would later be living here.
Most buildings in Pietermaai, which used to be houses, are much classical in style. The same applies for Pietermaai #19. With great certainty the present building of the Curaçao Tourist Board was erected in the second half of the 19th century, because only after 1861 governmental concessions were given to construct in this part of Pietermaai. Since October 1989 is this building in use as the main office of the Curaçao Tourist Board.
Our Mission Statement
"Ta dushi pa ta Dushi Hende!"