Plantation Daniel was established around 1650. Tradition has it that it was built by a castaway who washed ashore on St. Daniel’s day. According to others the plantation was named after Daniel Ellis -an Englishman employed by the Dutch West Indian Company- that built the plantation house in the first half of the 1700s, being one of the oldest, still existing plantation houses of Curacao.
The plantation house is located alongside the road to WestPoint.
Agriculture and cattle breeding was never very successful at Daniel and in the 1800s the plantation was put up for auction several times. In the 1900s the plantation was abandoned and in the 1950s the plantation house had become a ruin. In 1997 Country house been transformed into a beautiful guesthouse/hotel and restaurant.