Landhuis Sta. Barbara
Plantation home Santa Barbara was built in 1662 and was one of the largest colonial homes on Curaçao with an area of nearly 3000 acres. There was mixed agriculture and a fairly large live stock. Santa Barbara was large but not profitable. The owner at the time must have regretted selling the plantation to the Englishman Godden, for the Tafelberg appeared to hold an abundance of phosphates which led to a rich phosphate extraction until 1891. The colonial home Santa Barbara is located on a high spot and the view on the Spaanse water is magnificent. The house consists of a straight corner made up by two wings, two stories with both downstairs and upstairs galleries supported by square pillars.