Fortchurch Living Monument
The Fortchurch is the oldest church on the island (1769), a monument within the Fort Amsterdam walls.
The solid mahogany Governor's bench and the solid mahogany pulpit date back to 1769. The museum houses a small elegant collection of artifacts from the church's Dutch Protestant congregation ( 1635) , such as antique silver chalices, a mahogany and silver baptismal font and an antique mahogany 'bible table',formerly used in 'landhouses'. A documentation of the island's most notable families and an impressive collection of old maps of Curacao are exhibited.