Landhuis Brakkeput Mei Mei
The Brakkeput plantation most likely was built at the beginning of the 18th century. Plantation inhabitants grew corn and beans as food for the slaves and the livestock. Fruits from the orchard, dairy products, and beef cattle were sold to the townspeople and to the crews of the ships that visited Curaçao’s harbor.
In 1929 both the house and the land were sold to the “Koninklijke Shell” (oil company). In 1985, Brakkeput Mei Mei was placed under the supervision of Stichting Monumentenzorg (Foundation for the Preservation and Restoration of Historic Buildings) and has since operated as a party center and restaurant.