Pos di Pia
Pos di Pia was built at the time of Fort Nassau was built in 1796
The well Water was meant for the military of Fort Nassau, and the water was also sold to ships that called at Curacao the Curacao Port.
Johan Rudolf Lauffer Director of the West Indian Trading Company ordered the construction.
He was born November 7, 1752 and died on February 14, 1795.
The “Pos di Pia” is built with bricks and coral blocks sand and is one of best keep monuments of Curacao and one of few wells of this kind that still exist on the Island.
The origin name of the “Pos di Pia”: This type of well was made so that people and animals could easily get access to water, they could walk to the well and get water
The “Pos di Pia” at Fort Nassau was built with stairs, people had to go down the stairs to get water