The heart of the Avila Beach Hotel is a beautiful Dutch Colonial style mansion, which today houses the lobby and various executive offices of the hotel. It is estimated that the original mansion was built at the end of the 18th century. During the British rule at the beginning of the 19th century, it became the residence of the British Governors and later on that of the Dutch. The original part of the complex was called "La Belle Alliance". Another building of great historical importance on the Avila grounds is the cheerful seaside cupola known as the Octagon because of its octagonal shape. Around 1812, the sisters of the Venezuelan liberator Simon Bolivar lived at the Octagon during their years of exile from the Venezuelan independence war against Spain. Today this building is a much sought venue to host elegant wedding ceremonies and receptions.
Internet (on Premises)